[Tutor] Combination of Extending and Embedding Python with C++ ? (your opinion)

Keule m_konermann@gmx.de
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:48:58 +0100

Hi @ All !

I´m working in a greater project. This project exsist of a C++ part an
two parts coding in Python.
The C++ part is the basic of this project and have to be build up
modular in future releases. One Part of Python Code is the user
Interface, which i want to create with TKinter and the other python part
is a search routine, which is called up from the C++ part.
So, my opinion, is, to combine these three parts:

1. Step:   I´m using SWIG to extend the C++ part with the User
Interface, programmed in Python. I let create a shadow class from SWIG.
2. Step:   I want to use an Embedding method to integrate the search
routine (programmed in python) in the C++ part.
or alternativly:
2.Step:    Is it possible just calling the search routine from the
Shadow Class ?

What do you think is the best Method to combine these three parts ?

Thank´s a lot
Marcus