[Tutor] When you write the script how is it interpreted?

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:16:41 +0100

On  0, "McCarney, James Alexander" <James.Alexander.McCarney@Cognicase.com> wrote:
> This is something I have wondered. When I write a script and Py interprets
> it, how does Py compile it?
> Could anyone direct me to some FAQs or really high-level dirt on the matter.
> TiA.

How do you mean?

It parses the code, then compiles it to Python bytecode. The bytecodes are
run by the Python interpreter (they're stored in the .pyc file so the same
.py file only has to be compiled once if it doesn't change).

I'm not sure what part of this you need high level information on. Basically
this is the highest level view, as a next step you could look at the C
source :)

--
Remco Gerlich