[Tutor] Env Vars

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor@venix.com
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:56:35 -0400

I've been using HTMLgen where there are complications in the generated
html.  To see the environment that your cgi script sees, simply run
the cgi test function.  Here's one way to do it:

#cgitest.py
import cgi
cgi.test()

Install this into yor cgi-bin directory and use your browser to
reference it, something like:
	webserver.com/cgi-bin/cgitest.py?var1=ABC&var2=DEF

You will get back a useful dump of the environment and the variables
supplied to the script.