[Tutor] ANN: BayPIGgies mtg Wed 7/10 7:30pm

wesc@deirdre.org wesc@deirdre.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:09:13 -0700 (PDT)

BayPIGgies/Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group
When:   July 10, 2002 @ 7:30pm
Agenda: Internet Programming with Python
Where:  Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA

Continuing the high-level talks for the O'Reilly OSCON 2002
conference coming up in a few weeks, I will give an introductory
talk on various forms of Internet programming using Python:

- Network Programming (client/server, socket module)
- Internet Client Programming (FTP, NNTP, POP3, telnet)
- CGI Programming (CGI basics, cgi module)

The full description of the tutorial I will be presenting can be
<A href="http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2002/view/e_sess/2993">accessed
here</A>.  I will also be giving the "now"-annual intro to the
complete newbie BOF: <A href="http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/15/bof.html">What is Python?</A>

Upcoming Meetings:
8/14: looking for a guest speaker!
9/11: Using a Model-View-Controller Architecture to Create
	a Python/XML-based Web Application Framework

We are actively seeking speakers for BayPIGgies, esp. August!
If you would like to give a talk at one of our meetings (any
Python related topic), contact us to coordinate!

more info including directions:    http://www.baypiggies.net

hope to see some of you tomorrow evening!

-wesley

"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, © 2001
    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/

Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group (BayPIGgies)
    http://deirdre.org/baypiggies

wesley.j.chun :: wesc at deirdre.org
cyberweb.consulting : cyberweb at rocketmail.com
http://roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/