[Tutor] more problems, my final questions

Lloyd Kvam lkvam@venix.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:36:41 -0400

I assume cont() is your old hour2 function.

In custom use cont( sleeptime).  This passes the sleeptime variable to
cont.  You need to change the definition of cont to something like:

def cont( sleeptime):

Now I used the same name sleeptime within both custom and cont.  This isn't
necessary, but can avoid confusion.  Also note that sleeptime is originally
set to be a StringType variable as returned by raw_input.  You will need to
convert this to a number before doing any arithmatic with it.
	sleeptime = int(sleeptime)
will do the trick so long as sleeptime is truly an integer.

You would probably be well served spending some time going through Alan Gauld's
web site:
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/
Learning to program