[Tutor] A question on getting binary data from the net

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:56:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Gregor Lingl wrote:

> Nice this; I'm going to study it now.

One improvement we should make is to get it to consider more bits; I
expanded the range to 16 bit arithemtic, but that's probably not good
enough for real-life use.

I don't know how to do 48 bit arithmetic yet, but I'll pull out The Art of
Computer Programming and read up on it this evening.

> Moreover I must admit, that I can't explain the name fourmilab - perhaps
> I should have skimmed through the website - but I think there must be
> some difference between 'fourmi...' and the famous old guy Fermi...

Doh!  I mean to name the module and class 'fourmi', but for some reason,
my fingers typed 'fermi' every time; I guess I had Fermi on the brain.

Best of wishes!