[Tutor] Re: import pwd?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:44:23 -0500

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 01:49:35PM -0400, Timothy M. Brauch wrote:
| >>On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:18:18PM -0400, Timothy M. Brauch wrote:
[...]
> [...]
[...]
| >>in POSIX ...
[...]

| Yeah, I checked the docs and it said pwd was only available in *nix.  But
| that just brings up two more questions... Why can I import getpass if it
| doesn't work on Windows?  Okay, supposedly getpass.getpass() should work,
| and it does, but with warning messages.

Did you use the cygwin build of python?  It would have (nearly)
everything you would expect to find on *nix.

| And, question 2, I swear I am not making this up or dreaming or anything,
| but this program used to work for me, so why did it stop?

I have no idea.

| It's not all that important.  However, I thought it would have been nice =
| keep a log of who was using my windows 'puters.

That necessitates required logins.  For win2k you can do this,
probably nt4, and there is some way you can tell win9[58] to require a
domain logon (but I don't know how).  Then you have your PDC (samba on
linux :-)) log all logins and logouts.

-D

--=20
=20
Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.
Fix information: run your DNS service on a different platform.
                                                            -- bugtraq
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62