[Tutor] Tkinter not my friend any more

Abel Daniel abli@freemail.hu
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:14:34 +0200

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:36:29PM +0100 dominic.fox (dominic.fox@ntlworld.com) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble getting Tkinter to do what I want it to do, and I think
> the reason is that Tkinter just isn't designed to do that thing. Basically I
> want an image buffer in a window on the screen that I can read and write to,
> plotting graphics primitives or even altering its contents pixel-by-pixel.
Have you looked at the Canvas widget?
If you want pixel-by-pixel manipulation, you can simulate it by drawing
short lines. For example
w.create_line(100,100,101,101, fill='green')
creates a green dot at coordinates (100,100)
(assuming w is an instance of the Canvas widget)

I'm not saying you should use this, but it can be done

abli
abli@freemail.hu