[Tutor] Re: LHA compression

lonetwin lonetwin@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:07:50 +0530

Hi,
    Thanx for replying dman, Sean. Actually, I myself hadn't heard of LHA
compression till I bought a Casio PV(S460) a few days back, there is an
application called TextViewer (an ebook reader) for the PV that requires
files to be compressed using lha compression. The author of the app. has also
written an application called PVUploader that lets you upload the archive to
the PV thru' linux (Unfortunately ....most of the other s/w that lets you
interact with the PV runs only on windoze).
	So I thought of writing a front end to PVUploader (....maybe even
some other apps too) using python. That's the reason why I was wondering if
a lha module was available.
	Anyways, I discovered lha is available for most linux distros (free too
...does debian really have it non free ???). So I guess it's ok. Although,
not having to build a dependency on lha would have been nice.

Thanx again

Peace
Steve