[Tutor] little something ... develops towards Stanford Graphbase

Gregor Lingl glingl@aon.at
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 23:44:14 +0200

Danny Yoo schrieb:

> I think the analogy to a written piece of work
>does work, especially since many programs need to be rewritten and
>revised... *grin*
>
>Knuth takes this literary approach with "The Stanford Graphbase", where
>source code and commentary are joined together; it's quite nice.

Hi Danny!

I read about this one or two days ago, when Guido posted some remarks
about Leo on IDLE-Dev.
But - it's a pity - I  don't know nothing about it. I only feel, the
idea sounds very interesting.

Could you explain in short terms what this is: "The Stanford Graphbase".
Is it a book? Is it software?
Is it both? Or is it a website?  What is its content? In what way can an
ordinary Python
user/trainer/teacher use it and what profit can she get from using it?

Thanks for your efforts in advance

Gregor

P.S. Perhaps can rewriting (according to Alan's suggestions) and
revising my snake-program make
a story out of it   ;-)