[Tutor] Mail display filter (WAS Re: Curious newbie)

Prahlad Vaidyanathan slime@vsnl.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:50:57 +0530

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

Hi,

    This is mail is _seriously_ OT, but I just thought it might benefit
some people here ...

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 Derrick 'dman' Hudson spewed into the ether:
[-- snippity --]
> PS. as for the interleaved '|' and '>', the '>' is inserted by
>     someone else's mailer when they reply to a message.  The '|' is
>     inserted by my mailer when I reply.  They are interleaved when we
>     reply to each other's messages.  The '>' is most common, but I
>     find it distracting and prefer '|'.  Some people even use '%' or
>     do wacky indenation and labelling things with their quoting.

    I personally never liked this, so, with the help of people on the
mutt-users list, I hacked up this script sometime back :

    http://www.symonds.net/~prahladv/files/display_filter.pl

    Yes, I know it is in perl, but it serves it's purpose - Sorry :-)

pv.
--=20
Prahlad Vaidyanathan  <http://www.symonds.net/~prahladv/>

Let's send the Russians defective lifestyle accessories!

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--