[Tutor] Re: Problem - how to solve it ?

Matthew Sherborne miracle@paradise.net.nz
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:08:16 +1200

GPFs are fired when some C code crashes not python code. In the error it
should give the name of a DLL or say python.exe.

To find what part of your code is causing the error, do print messages,
or write to a log file in the area around where the program crashes.

Start in the highest level of the code, print a line before and after
each sub routine is called, where the print outs stop, go to the sub
routine after the last print out and put a bunch of print lines between
all the sections in that and re-run. Keep narrowing it down like this. :)

It may a bug in some windows DLL, so you could either fix it, or release
a "Known Issues.txt" file with the program, letting them know that they
must update their windows release if this happens. :)

GBU
Matthew Sherborne