[Tutor] computers

Kojo Idrissa kojo@hal-pc.org
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 22:29:50 -0500

--=====================_658883584==_.ALT

Here's my question:  Does the new computer have to replace the old
one?  Will you have to give up the old one to get the new one?  If not, try
to keep both.  If you can't keep both, you might want to consider
dual-booting Win98 with Linux/BSD or even Win2K.  It might be fun to
practice some multi threaded Python programming with to procs.

Like everyone else has already said, Windows based on a 9x kernel won't do
Multi-Proc.  You need an NT kernel (NT/2k/XP...not sure about XP Home).

At 02:26 PM 6/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have an opportunity to get a dual processored computer that would
>replace my old one.  My question is can Windows 98 be used on it and can I
>use all my other programs on it?  I don't wanted to loose the ability to
>do all the old things with this one.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Cameron Stoner

****************************
Kojo Idrissa

kojo@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kojo/
****************************
--=====================_658883584==_.ALT

Here's my question:&nbsp; Does the new computer have to <b>replace</b>
the old one?&nbsp; Will you have to give up the old one to get the new
one?&nbsp; If not, try to keep both.&nbsp; If you can't keep both, you
might want to consider dual-booting Win98 with Linux/BSD or even
Win2K.&nbsp; It might be fun to practice some multi threaded Python
programming with to procs.<br><br>
Like everyone else has already said, Windows based on a 9x kernel won't
do Multi-Proc.&nbsp; You need an NT kernel (NT/2k/XP...not sure about XP
Home).<br><br>
At 02:26 PM 6/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:<br>
all,</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
computer that would replace my old one.&nbsp; My question is can Windows
98 be used on it and can I use all my other programs on it?&nbsp; I don't
wanted to loose the ability to do all the old things with this
one.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>