[Tutor] re: computers

Alan Trautman ATrautman@perryjudds.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:01:04 -0500

Cameron,

This depends a huge amount upon your software and the type of animation.  Is
this vector based animation or pixel resolution? In addition based on the
amount of time it takes to save what amount of RAM is free during your save
edit? Unless you increase you free RAM the two processor unit will use more
RAM to support the second unit so it could be even slower. If the program
supports two processors and most high end programs do it separates the file
and IO function from the vector math functions which will give you a lot
more speed. See the high end MAC workstations as that is what they are
routinely used for. IMHO If you don't have this type of software an upgrade
to a single processor, high end vector video card, high sped hard drive, and
lots of RAM are probably the best answer.

Peace
Alan
-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Stoner [mailto:wolf_binary@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 3:31 PM
To: tutor@python.org; stuart_clemons@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [Tutor] re: computers

Thanks Stuart,

That's what I was thinking.  I wondered if programs would run faster.  I was
looking into it to make my graphics work, ie: 3D modeling, take less time to
use.  When doing animation it currently takes me like a half-hour to save my
work.  This is not a gross overestamation either.  It then turns out to be
less than 30 sec of animation when I play it.  Would having multiple
processors make it more efficient?

Thanks,
Cameron Stoner