[Tutor] PythonWin

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:13:54 -0700 (PDT)

> contain Python 2.2. I am currently trying a few of the modules that are
> included, but it seems like quite a few is missing. For example,
> os.getsize as an example.

Hi Terje,

You're probably thinking of 'os.path.getsize()': The getsize() function is
within the 'os.path' module.

> However, others like os.rename exists. It is described in the Python
> book I currently read (Core Python Programming), but is not accessible
> in Pythonwin.

Hmmm!  This is most likely a typo then; do you have the page number where
it talks about this?  According to Wesley's Core Python Programming Errata
page:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/errata.htm

there's no reference to a bug with 'os.getsize', so it sounds like you
found something new.  Maybe you could convince Wes to send a check for
$2.56.  *grin*

> The same was the case with a number of modules I read about in the
> newest Python library reference. Am I just not finding them, or does the
> Pythonwin have an amputated number of modules?

Hmmm!  Not sure about this one.  I'm assuming that the Activestate
distribution of Python has, at least, the Standard Library.  For the
official documentation on the modules that come with Python, you can look
at:

    http://www.python.org/doc/lib/

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask!