[Tutor] FTP Question

Chad Crabtree flaxeater@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

I previously asked how one can get the IP address of
thier local machine  The information was very helpful
and I finaly wrote the script to do what I needed to.

I have also learned why the interactive interpreter is
so amazingly awesome.  However I have a question
when I was uploading the file I

f=open('file','rb')
#opened the ftpconnect and logged in
ftp.storbinary('STOR file',f)
f.close()

However it occured to me that I could do it
differently So I tried it on the Interpreter and it
did work however it brought up another question
I did this

#after connecting and logging in
ftp.storbinary('STOR file',open('file','rb))

and this method was successful which supprised me
however I'm wondering if this file is now just
floating around in memory, because I couldn't figure
out how to close it.  Hmmmm

Thank you so much for you time
I really Appreciate all the discusion on this List it
has been very illuminating