[Tutor] Library reference

Terje Johan Abrahamsen terjeja@hotmail.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:54:35 +0000

I run PythonWin 2.2.1 (#34, Apr 15 2002, 09:51:39) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32. (from first line when started) And I am now looking through the
Python Library Referece release 2.2.1. On page 17-19 there are string
methods. So, I assume that to get access, I write:
>>>import string
>>>from string import*

But, I can not use all the string methods that are described.
For example, string.istitle() doesn't work. It cannot find it. Encode() is
not found either. How can I use these and others? Eg capitalize() does work.
I can't see any note saying that you have to do something different to use
capitalize() than title() in the library ref. What do I do wrong?

Thanks, Terje