[Tutor] More Tkinter Help Please [Dialog windows]

SA sarmstrong13@mac.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:28:01 -0500

On 6/18/02 4:48 AM, "alan.gauld@bt.com" <alan.gauld@bt.com> wrote:
> However as I said in my message yesterday the conventional way
> to do this is for SAving to pass back the filename/path to
> PyShell and let it save the data - PyShell owns the t1 text
> so it should be responsible for saving it. The dialog's
> responsibility is limited to getting the right file location
> from the user - thats why its called a "dialog"!
>
> Alan G.

Ok.

I'm trying this, but my question is still how do I pass the variable sav
from:
 def apply(self):
        dir = self.e1.get()
        fn = self.e2.get()
        sav = dir + fn
        return sav

In the class Saving to the class PyShell? Although my original question was
how to pas the variable t1 from PyShell to Saving, I now need to find out
how to pass the variable sav from Saving to PyShell. Now I do not expect you
all to do all the work for me, since the whole purpose of this exercise is
for my learning experience, so if you just want to point the way to specific
documentation or hint (real well) to where I need to look for this info,
that will also be fine. I do appreciate all of the help everyone has given
me in this exercise, I've gathered a lot of information that is sometimes
glossed over in tutorials because you are expected to know all of this stuff
already.

Thanks Again.
SA