[Tutor] More Tkinter Help Please [Dialog windows]

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:03:34 +0100

Rep0lying to my own message!
> > how to pass the variable sav from Saving to PyShell.
>
> Don't pass the data - it belongs to the object. Get the
> object to give you the data on request. Thus when you
> create the instance of Saving you keep the reference
> and use it to ask for the filename.

I should add that this is complicated slightly because
you are inheriting from tkSimpleDialog so we have to work
within the constraints of the protocol which
tkSimpleDialog defines. This is not such a bad thing
but simply a price we pay for reusing the code and
protocol of tkSimpleDialog.

Alan G.