[Tutor] pair programming.

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:47:56 -0700 (PDT)

>> Will this pair programming be for Cymbaline then?
>>
> Any of my projects (silmarill.org/projects.shtml) or yours or something
> new alltogether. I'm open to suggestions :-).
>
> I have a few ideas I've been thinking about but without code yet:
> 1. ViWM. A window manager with two modes, like vi: command mode and
>    entry. In command mode you use hjkl, etc to switch windows,
> workspaces, resize, start programs; to use the current window you hit
> 'i', to get back to command mode you hit ctrl-O (for cOmmand).

one of the blackbox authors here ...

Intriguing idea.  One of the issues with vi traditionally has been the user
loses track of which mode they are in.  Combating this for a wm would be
interesting.

> 2. nethack-like fully python game. Curses or, even better, pygame.

have heard good things about pygame .....

> 3. an integrated email/newsreader, like mutt and slrn.

my big wish would be a mailer that allows gui access but still lets people have
a console as well.  I have really been spoiled by gui mailer's ability to show
me all of my folders at once (I have 30+) and let me know where new mail is
waiting.

> 4. an irc client, like xchat, but 100% python.

interesting, you need to choose whether to go 100% irc or also support all of
the IM clients of the world

> 5. "python for non-programmers" story for kuro5hin.

not sure about non-programmers but a python for VB or BASIC would be
interesting.  Especially now that 2.2 has properties and what not.