[Tutor] python-win32 pointer

Andy W toodles@yifan.net
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:41:13 +0800

> Someone already pointed you to the python-win32 list, but I thought I'd
add that, unless
> you're trying to use the PythonWin MFC bindings, you really don't need to
know anything
> about Windows messages, per se, in order to use win32all.  There's several
large
> subpackages in win32all, and the MFC bindings are, for me at least, the
least-used part
> (I use wxPython for all my GUI needs).  And while the win32 list is a good
place to ask
> questions about things that are entirely win32 specific, you're also
welcome to ask
> questions here.  :)

Thanks everyone that answered.
I'm new to Windows programming, much of the programming I've done has been
done without the need for GUIs. I don't want to create GUIs with win32all, I
also use wxPython for that :)

What I want to do is send keyboard messages to a window. I've done all this
so far, but I want to add key-modifiers (Control, Alt & Shift). I think I
send a WM_SYSKEYDOWN message, but nothing I do seems to work...
The folks at python-win32 underestimated just how new I am to the topic, I
think.

Thanks,
Andy W