[Tutor] newbie -- python apps and DOS window.

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:34:38 +0100

On  0, Robert Garber <garber@centralcatholic.org> wrote:
> I have two questions both concern the DOS window in windows 98 machines.
> First how do run a python script slow enough so i can see what is going on .
> Seems everytime i run a script it opens a dos window executes faster then i
> can see it and closes.

Open the DOS window first, then start the program from there, is one way. Or
you can end your program with something like raw_input("Press enter to
close...").

It *might* be possible to set some option so that the DOS window always
stays open after running a .py program, I seem to remember something like
that, but it's years since I last Windows.

> Next question: Is there a way to run tkinter/python script (reversie.py)
> with out seeing the dos window?

Name it .pyw instead of .py, iirc. Then it runs without a DOS window.

--
Remco Gerlich