[Tutor] Suggestions for a good book on functional programming

Scott Widney SWidney@ci.las-vegas.nv.us
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:52:04 -0800

> 	In a somewhat related vein, but not really, I'm
> interested in any
> good logic programming resources.  Something along the lines
> of Prolog or
> Mercury except using python.  I don't even know if Python has
> the facilities
> for such an exercise, but it would be pretty neat and educational.
>
>   Has anyone developed any sorts of Logic extensions to
> python?  Does python
> have logic programming-like stuff? Are there any definitive
> books on the
> subject?  Are there any less definitive but artist friendly
> resources out
> there?
>
> Sorry to piggy back on your post, but you reminded me of my
> interest. :)
>

> ~Israel~

I don't know what stage it's in, but PyProlog seeks to *embed* a Prolog
interpreter into Python:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyprolog/

Although unrelated to Python, Schelog is a blending of Scheme and Prolog.
You might find some useful info on their sight:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/schelog/schelog.html

Note to Danny: apparently embedding Schelog relied heavily on call/cc and
continuations (ouch!) *grin*

Scott