[Tutor] New book out

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:51:31 -0500

On Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 04:37  PM, Kirby Urner wrote:

> Has stuff on Alice
> (multimedia), Pygame (uses it to make a CD player, which
> I found innovative), talking to MySQL via CGI, and lots
> on XML, including 3rd party Python tools for parsing
> XML files.

I like the sound of all that, but golly!*  $74.00 !!  and no Amazon
discount to boot!
I have too many Python books I haven't finished yet to go spending bucks
like that (Python Web Programming, Quick Python Book).

Speaking of which, I like the Quick Python Book a lot, since it is very
simply written, contains a lot of example code (but not needlessly long
samples), and assumes that you already know another language
(appropriate for me, not for every Python beginner).  But it's a little
old -- I picked up David Beazley's Python Essential Reference for Python
2.x, in hopes that this would clear up any changes to the new Python.
Was this a safe assumption?

Erik

* an underused expression