[Tutor] lost

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:51:36 -0500

On Monday, March 18, 2002, at 06:32  AM, Karthik Gurumurthy wrote:

>> backburnered and waiting for me to finish "Python Web Programming".  I
>> can summarize some of the main points from Chapter 6 ("Transforming XML
>> with XSLT"):
>
> unfortunately these books are not available in my country.
> can you post the code snippet for transforming a simple xml using
> another
> xsl stylesheet?
> it w'd be of great use to me.

I will gladly post the code if you still want me to after reading this
article:

http://www.WebmasterBase.com/article/595/25

The above deep link is actually not the BEGINNING of the tutorial, but
if you click back to the beginning you'll see it focuses on an intro to
XSLT theory and how you can use it with PHP.  So it's not really
relevant for this audience.  But the point in the tutorial that I've
linked to is where the XSLT-tutorial starts, and this isn't specific to
any language (except XSLT), so it's good for Python users too.

I'm on my way to work but if people want me to post a bit more detail on
how XSLT is used from Python, from "Python & XML" I will -- but really,
the above tutorial does a fine job of explainining the basics of XSLT
and the book simply goes a few steps further with some good examples
(several pages in fact).  The difference is that the SitePoint tutorial
focuses on using a browser's built-in XSLT processor and the Python book
explains how to use an external [pre]processor called 4XSLT
(http://fourthought.com/).

Good luck,

Erik