[Tutor] NEWBIE is it possible to use HTML and Python together?

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:56:01 -0500

On Thursday, March 21, 2002, at 10:10  PM, dman wrote:

> If the data is generated client-side, then the page doesn't have to be
> reloaded.  Unfortunately, the only widespread client-side technologies
> are Javascript and Java (applets).  I think this is mainly because it
> is hard to change client-side technologies -- every single user has to
> upgrade their system.  With server-side, only the server changes while
> the client uses the same old HTML it has been using for years.

<side-note status="unasked for">
And since it may or may not be enabled by or available to the client,
JavaScript is often avoided as much as possible by the majority of PHP
developers that I've been in contact with (via the PHP mailing list).
This is not to say that JavaScript is not a good language -- it is a
very powerful language -- but simply that given the choice between
executing some code server side or client side (with JS), it is more
reliable to do so at the server.
</side-note>

Erik