[Tutor] Languages, was Which programming language is better

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:25:02 -0800 (PST)

> I have no idea why I'm posting this except it's late at night and I'd like
> to know a bit about the language backgrounds of other people...

C++ and Delphi at the same time.  I loved Delphi a lot, in fact when I found
python it had everything I loved about Delphi -- which is Object Pascal.  I
think there is a very clear pascal -> python trend.  I miss 'with' a lot.  A
lot.

Perl (I worked at an ISP and wrote little else for two years)

Python

Today I either write python or C++ when it is from scratch, depends on the
itch.  But I still do a fair amount of C hacking.  I am a @debian.org fellow so
I tend to hack on a bunch of things in a small way instead of devote my time to
one thing.

I have dabbled in tcl and lisp and a few others.  tcl's syntax never sat right
with me.  Have to admit it is a powerful small language though.

My first instinct when I start a project is "can i do it in python".