[Tutor] Application Error

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:38:57 -0800

>class QuickTime(Widget):
>     """ Class definition for QuickTimeTcl widget """
>
>     def __init__(self, master=None):
>         master.tk.eval('package require QuickTimeTcl')
>         Widget.__init__(self, master, 'movie')

<<SKIP>>

>if __name__ == "__main__":
>         root = Tk()
>         root.tk.eval('package require QuickTimeTcl')  # ???

One thing I'll add is that this first invocation
of a tcl command would appear redundant, given you
have the same invocation as a part of your class
constructor (above).  Indeed, when I comment out
the line marked with a ???, the code still runs with
no detectable difference -- right down to the failure
to terminate properly. :-(

Kirby