[Tutor] Launching a file programs from a python script?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:51:43 -0000

>  I'm currently having difficulties launching programs from a python
program.

Since you mention .bat files I assiume your running some Windoze variant?

> but having a console for each program is kind of nice

And since you want a console I guess the command line you want to execute
is:

command.com /c <your command here>

You could do that in Python using os.system()
If you want you could use an exec() call for the last one to save
opening and closing a window unnecessarily...

BUT I'd just use a batch file for all of them to be honest and
leave Python out of it, iunlsss you do some other processing too.

Alan g