[Tutor] OOPs?

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:28:23 -0500

On Friday, March 29, 2002, at 12:49  PM, Kirby Urner wrote:

> You could have a stock class and then stuff stock objects made
> from it into a dictionary (similar to a stock list -- but just
> for looking up by ticker code).
>
> Here's a simple module, for pedagogical purposes only, as you
> say (not to make a mint).

Kirby,

Perhaps it was this example (something I could understand), or perhaps
it was that I was paying better attention, or perhaps it's that I know a
bit more about Python now, but the example code you gave was excellent,
and really helped me understand a thing or two about the process of
constructing programs in Python.  I always do better when I have someone
else's work to imitate than when I try to forge off on my own (I'm not
very original).  I'm curious -- how long did it take you to come up with
this module?  Although I'm new to programming, even still I think it
would have taken me a long time to come up with something like this.

Just curious,

Erik