Writing one-liners in Python (was: Re: [Tutor] help mee)

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Wed, 1 May 2002 21:51:20 -0500

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 07:24:58PM -0700, Danny Yoo wrote:
=20
| > 	Unfortunately, I have the impression that writing one-liners
| > 	in Python isn't as easy as writing one-liners in Perl

That's true, and it's by design.  One-liners, while cute at first, are
hard to comprehend or maintain in the long run.
=20
|     http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py?req=3Dshow&file=3Dfaq04.015.htp

Those are neat for show, but I wouldn't use them for anything else.

Does anyone have a copy of that christmas tree one-liner someone
posted on c.l.py a year or two ago?  It was pretty cool and even
involved checking the date.

-D

--=20

Be sure of this:  The wicked will not go unpunished,
but those who are righteous will go free.
        Proverbs 11:21
=20

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm--