[Tutor] Book with extensive examples of string, list, and os

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Thu, 02 May 2002 08:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

> Can anyone recommend a book that has extensive examples of the use of
> string and lists ?  (Actually, the Python 2.1 Bible is pretty comprehensive
> in showing the various string methods and functions, but they don't have
> enough code examples for a newbie like me.)
>
> Anyway, any book recommendation will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

most of the python modules are written in python and many of them are actually
easy to read and understand.  Good code written by some of the best and oldest
python coders is a great learning tool.