[Tutor] arrays and strings

wonderer@pakistanmail.com wonderer@pakistanmail.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 20:14:18 +0500

Hi can some one tell me how can we convert arrays to strings in python.
I have seen functions like repr()and tostring() etc.
I do it like this
def funcA ():
 declare some array and assign some values
 showvalues(repr(array))

def showvalues(temp):
 for index in range (0,5,1):
  print "value ",temp[index]

and it never shows me the values that i inserted but shows the declaration of
array element like a,r,r,y,(,",l,") and so on with elements.
what i was really trying to do was use an array(of type we use in c) and then
send that array to some function for processing but the dispaly is never as
i want it to be.

I will be really reallly reallly thankfull for your help and suggestions