[Tutor] IDLE has problem with Umlaute

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 13:26:23 -0500

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 11:12:34AM -0700, Danny Yoo wrote:
=20
| scheme of your system to 'iso-8859-1', which is the encoding scheme for
| Central Europe.

As I understand it, latin1 is for western europe and latin2 is eastern
europe.  I know that all but a couple of Romanian's non-English
letters are not in latin1.  I don't know where the specific boundaries
between "western", "central" and "eastern" europe lie, but I suppose
the old Iron Curtain plays a large role in that.  I think that latin1
is correct for German, though.

-D

--=20

The wise in heart are called discerning,
and pleasant words promote instruction.
        Proverbs 16:21
=20

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX