[Tutor] Python 2.1 vs 2.2?

Kojo Idrissa kojo@hal-pc.org
Fri, 10 May 2002 15:26:28 -0500

I'm "re-doing" stuff on my computer (new HD, blah, blah), so I'm
downloading some stuff again.

Can someone remind me of the major diffs between 2.1 and 2.2?  Specifically
2.1.3 and 2.2.1.  I'm planing to get the ActiveState stuff for my Win2K
partiion.

Is the 2.1.x branch the stable one, while 2.2.x is more "under
development"?  Any real functional diffs?  I'm still using "Learning
Python", "Programming Python for Win32" and a couple of other 1.5.2 books,
so I doubt I'm advanced enough to really notice.

I scanned A. Kuchling's "What's New in 2.2", but I just wanted to make sure
I'm getting the "best" thing.

Thanks,

Kojo Idrissa

kojo@hal-pc.org