[Tutor] GoFish

Russell Bungay rab121@york.ac.uk
Sat, 11 May 2002 16:59:03 +0100

Hello,

I have just finished my first pretty much working pythonised version of
a little card game I like.  I would be very much appreciative if the
mighty minds of this list could cast their eyes over it and make any
suggestions.

If you don't mind, I shall use this email to explain about the game
itself (I don't think it is too well known and will need explaining so
you know what should happen), I shall reply with the code, and then
reply to the code with own comments on it.

GoFish then.  It should be quite familiar to anyone who has played Happy
Families or the like.  Each person is dealt a hand, and the aim of the
game os to get rid of all your cards as swiftly as possible.  You
accomplish this by collecting all four of a rank (a book) which you can
then declare in front of you on display.  The first person asks any
other for a single card of a particulr rank.  The second player must
hand over the card if they have it, in which the starting player
continues, or if they don't have if, they say 'Go Fish' and the first
player fishes one of the undealt cards.  Play then continues with the
second player, and so on.  The first player to have no cards (either
through declareing books or another player taking all their cards) is
the winner.  That is pretty much it.

Thankyou very very much for your time,

Russell
--
http://www.bigmaddrongo.com
President of York University Trampoline Club: