[Tutor] Creating Debug version of python under windows ?

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Sun, 12 May 2002 21:02:26 -0500

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 02:24:35AM +0200, Marcus wrote:
| Hi !
|=20
| It seems that if i want to use a newer python ver. (since 2.0.1) i have=
=20
| to create my own debug ver. of the python interpreter to get the debug=20
| files i need (python22_d.lib, etc.).
| I=B4m not so familiar in debugging,

In that case you really don't need the debug version of the
interpreter.  It *won't* help you debug a pure-python program.  It
exists to help you debug a C/C++ extension to python.  If you aren't
familiar with debugging, then I'd wager that you aren't familiar with
programming in C/C++ and haven't written a python extension in it and
thus don't need the debug version of the interpreter.

What is the real problem you're running into?  If you need to debug a
pure-python program, then either use the "print" technique or use
'pydb'.

(in any case I'm not going to be helpful when it comes to compiling
C/C++ stuff on windows unless you're using cygwin to pretend you're on
unix)

HTH,
-D

--=20

Do not pay attention to every word people say,=20
    or you may hear your servant cursing you --
for you know in your heart=20
    that many times you yourself have cursed others.
        Ecclesiastes 7:21-22
=20

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--