[Tutor] Email list functions

kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 00:12:51 -0400

OK, thinking about lists, and 2 new functions, digests and archives.

Archives are pretty simple. IF a file exists, ( such as
'(listname).archive') we append a copy of the complete assembled
message to it IN THAT FILE. So much for building the archive.

We also create an alias; '(listname)-archive'. Anyone wishing to
examine it sends a email to it. We have an autoreply program sitting
in the alias pointed at the archive program; said archive is the reply
to the request.

As for digests, this is still under the microscope, but it's not too
hard at all. Just how important do y'all feel this sort of thig is to
add to TL?

--

end
	    Respectfully,

| http://www.howlermonkey.net mailto:highprimate@howlermonkey.net |
| http://www.tinylist.org  +--------+  mailto:grumpy@tinylist.org |

NOTE: By sending SPAM to this address you agree to pay me a service
fee of $100 for the service of receiving,  storing,  examining, and
deleting your piece of SPAM. I am a postmaster, and take a dim view
of such.