[Tutor] The use of MailDir for a mail server

alex gigh cogs2002@hotmail.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 12:47:11 +0000

Hi;

I am still trying to write a mail server in Python... I decided that instead
of going for the simple option of creating a file for each user and append
each new message to this file, I will use "MailDir"... the problem is... I
searched the web to find an example on how I could use this (my program is
going to be a simple mail server with pre-defined 2 or 3 users.... ) but
couldn't find anything useful. Can someone give me an example of :

1) how I can create these maildirs

2) if i need to put a new message in there... how do I copy a new file in
there

3) and finally, when delivering messages, how do I get the text from the
possibly several different files

Also... where exactly can I find the source code for the python libraries
(namely smtp and rfc822) because I'm not allowed to use these...

Many thanks for your time

Alex