[Tutor] The use of MailDir for a mail server

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:02:41 +0200

Hello Alex,

At 11:46 20/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "alex gigh" <cogs2002@hotmail.com>
>Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:47:11 +0000
>Subject: [Tutor] The use of MailDir for a mail server

>I am still trying to write a mail server in Python... I decided that instead
>of going for the simple option of creating a file for each user and append
>each new message to this file, I will use "MailDir"... the problem is... I
>searched the web to find an example on how I could use this

Here are information about the maildir format. I don't know whether it is
useful:

http://www.qmail.org/qmail-manual-html/man5/maildir.html

>Also... where exactly can I find the source code for the python libraries
>(namely smtp and rfc822) because I'm not allowed to use these...

AFAIK, the source code is included in every Python distribution. On
Windows, look for a "lib" directory in the install directory. Or, in the
Python interpreter, try this:

import sys
print sys.path

The path to the "lib" directories should be listed in the output.

Cheers.

Alexandre