[Tutor] Wait

Terje Johan Abrahamsen terjeja@hotmail.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 17:17:01 +0000

I have written a program that does 4 processes. 1) Find an amount/policy in
Excel. 2) Find the same policy in an AS/400 display. 3) Formats the amount
4) Writes the amount into the AS/400.

However, the problem is that the python program is way faster than the
AS/400 display. So, when the AS/400 is finished, the Python is several steps
ahead. How can I get it to wait until it is done? I am currently using the
sys.sleep() function. But, to add a 2 second break everywhere makes it very
slow. Especially since most of the time 0.2 second break would probably be
enough, but in special occations it takes longer. And, if you multiply by
about 50000 policies, and about 10 sleeps for each policy to be on the safe
side, everything takes very long...

Thanks in advance,
Terje