[Tutor] make python easy to use

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 1 14:21:01 2002

> >i am a beginner even in python and in programming language. i had used
> >python just for two weeks but i feel it is easier to learn than others.
> >i am looking for any visual python in order to be able to use python
> >more and more easier. anyone can help me please.....!!!

Hi Fuad,

By "visual", I'm assuming that you're looking for a gui-building tool,
something like Microsoft's Visual Basic.  A "visual" interface is not
necessarily easier to learn; there are times when text interfaces are more
appropriate for a task.  It might actually be an advantage not to use such
a visual tool, so that you can concentrate more on how the language itself
works.

That being said, there are some nice visually-oriented tools that you
might find useful.  Pythoncard is one of the main projects that try to
make GUI building simple:

    http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/

I'd still recommend, though, getting a more concrete feeling for the
Python language itself before using these tools; I think PythonCard's
graphical tools assume that the user already has some basic Python
knowledge.  Perhaps someone can correct me on this one?

Good luck!