[tutor] Do I need to have a strong math skills to program

Kojo Idrissa kojo@hal-pc.org
Sat Nov 9 14:07:00 2002

Magnus,

I found this response  VERY helpful.  I'm dealing with a
similar situation at work right now, where an information
system was designed to capture certain types of
information, but not all of the information that was
needed.  Specifically, we in the accounting department
don't have the information we need to verify certain
things.  I'm almost certain some things were "left out"
because:

0) The people who designed the system weren't thinking
about "complete" information or retaining the reality
behind the numbers as you mentioned

and/or

1) There was a concern that too much information might
"confuse" the people who were the primary enters of data
for the system.

Thanks for the insight.

On Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:11:52 +0100