[Tutor] inheritance

Ike Hall hall@nhn.ou.edu
Tue Nov 12 16:27:00 2002

Hi all,
a quick question I hope someone can answer for me.

suppose I have some class:

class blah:
    def __init__(self,blah, blah, blah):
         ...stuff...
    def method(self,yak,yak,yak):
         ...more stuff...
    ....more methods...

then I define some other class to inherit this class,

class thbbt(blah):
    def __init__(self,la,la,la):
        ...different stuff than in blah.__init__...
    def method(self,yakkity,yak):
        ...different stuff than in blah.method...

My question then is this:  when I call thbbt.__init__ or thbbt.method, what
happens?  I guess what Im trying to say is that I do not really understand
inheritance all that well, especially if some methods that are to be
inherited are "written over" in the class definition.  Can anyone help me?

Ike