[Tutor] starting program with raw_input

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon Nov 25 19:40:03 2002

> I just started to learn about programing about a week ago

Hi, join the club! :-)

> have been trying to write a small program to start by haveing
> to write hello before program will run. Could someone show a
> example.

print "hello"

will do that. However it might be better if you told us what tutorial
you are following? If you are completely new to programming you might
like to try one of the ones on the newbies page of the python web
site (maybe even mine! :-) The one that comes with Python is really
aimed at folks converting from another programming language.

Also, for future reference it's a good idea to include any program
code you are having trouble with plus any error messages because
that way we can see exactly where you are coming from.

Otherwise, keep experimenting and ask questions as they arise.

Most of all, Have fun!

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site