[Tutor] String format question

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Wed Nov 27 17:26:01 2002

At 15:57 2002-11-27 -0500, andy surany wrote:
>I am using the map/lambda combination to concatenate the individual data
>elements. The results are simply pushed to a ScrolledList function for
>display.

Are you sure that you don't use a proportional font
in the ScrolledList?

Will iiiii take as much place as WWWWW? If you use
a proportional font it won't and using spaces for
column formatting will NEVER work right, regardless
of your coding.

If you display multiple columns, I suggest you use a
widget suited for that purpose. Maybe Tix.TList is
what you need?

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN