[Tutor] Cannot run the demo.py of wxPythonDemo

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Wed Nov 27 17:45:02 2002

At 21:49 2002-11-27 +0100, kbond wrote:
>I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question but i didn't
>find a better one.

I think the best place to ask is the wxPython mailing list.
It move a while ago, but I think you subscribe by mailing to:

wxPython-users-subscribe@lists.wxwindows.org

>Few days ago I have downloaded  the tarball wxPythonDemo from
>(http://www.wxpython.org/download.php).
>when I try to run the demo.py Iget the following message:

Do you have a correctly installed wxPython version 2.3.3.1
and corresponding glib and gtk+ libraries? The tar-ball is
just the demo scripts. For Debian you need this:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/libwxgtk2.3-python.html

Does this work?

 >>> import wxPython
 >>> wxPython.__version__