[Tutor] My First Python Program

Mylene Reiners mylene.reiners@cmg.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:26:14 +0200

James,

Post your code on this list, and we will be happy to have a look

Mylene

-----Original Message-----
From: James.Rocks@equant.com
To: tutor@python.org
Sent: 10/8/2002 9:02 AM
Subject: [Tutor] My First Python Program

Hi,

I have now successfully written my first Python program ... OK it's a
conversion from one I wrote in WinBatch (if you can genuinely call that
programming) but that was my work too. I have to say, despite the
disparaging noises from a couple of my programmer colleagues (one of
whom
insists, in error, that OO can only be done in a visual development
environment) that I am quite impressed ... the program took some 12
minutes
to create a report in WinBatch and a mere 25 seconds in Python.

Obviously I want to improve that (it's a bit like tinkering with a car
engine at times) so I was wondering if there's anywhere we can present
small programs and say "tell me how I can make this better"?

Cheers

James

James C. Rocks
Equant