[Tutor] What Is Python Based On?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:52:59 +0100

> > It's good. If you need a compiled solution it's one of, if
> > not *the* best.  :-)
>
> I think that QT is close in terms of speed of development.

QT is a class library but Kylix is an IDE so theres not
much comparison. Kylix GUI classes are the QT ones licensed
by Borland from Troll and wrapped to mimic the CLX classes
on Windows.

But it is the IDE/Compiler I was talking about. The compiled
code is faster than GNU g++ and faster to write than C++.

Its not as fast as Python for development time but thats
no good if you really need a compiled solution...

> It is free for Linux, uses more the more standard C++,

Kylix is free in its most basic form, and uses Object Pascal...

> classes map somewhat closely to MFC

Kylix is code compatible with Delphi for windoze...

If getting paid for writing the code I'd rather use Kylix.
If doing it for free I'd probably go with Qt or GT/k

Alan g.