[Tutor] putting together commands

Terje Johan Abrahamsen terjeja@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:00:55 +0000

I am using the re module to find some text in a file. But, I do want the
program to find different things each time. As an example I have done this:

rrr = 'tore er en hund'

I want to find whether the text has re after to.

m = re.search('(?<=to)nd', rrr)

And the program finds it. But, if I want to find 50 things, and want to find
50 different things each time, it will be very timeconsuming to rewrite each
one. So I write:

p = 're.search(\'(?<='
q = 'hu'
r = ')nd\', rrr)'
a = p+q+r

And I change the q 50 times, or uses it as the input in def find(q)

But, as I expected, q is a string. I cannot run a string. How do I come
around this problem? Any suggestions?